***COMPUTER ARTs FINAL***

1. Wipe keyboards and computer screens

2. Clean room - trash

3. Backup your work to Dropbox.com

4. Turn in final assignment




Goals and Reflections

Goals

Write a short statement that describes what you plan to accomplish by the end of the week on your project.

Reflections

What did you accomplish this week (post your work, inspiration or research)?

What did you learn?

What is your next objective to be completed?

Thursday, August 29, 2013

Part 1 : Definitions of logos and symbols Part 2 : Inspirational Logos Part 3 : Concept Map

 PART 1

Symbolism – Symbolism is when an artist uses certain visual signs to show the viewer a predetermined meaning of the picture.
This Biohazard symbol looks dangerous, feels dangerous, and means something in the area is dangerous.


Logos – Logos are a type of symbolism that artists, companies, studios, etc. Use to display what kind of product, self Image, and emotion they want to give the people.
 GameStop’s logo is where simple means more. With a simple black background and a color change the stop in gamestop. By making the stop in game stop RED it invokes a customer to stop there because the first thing they should think back to be stopping at a stop sign or red light. It invokes a sub conscious need to stop at gamestop.


The differences between logos and symbols are the fact that symbols don’t use words to promote what their meaning is. Where as logos have a text representation of their company name and maybe what they sell.
PART 2
The "Beats by Dre" Logo is inspirational because, I want my Logo to show my love of music.
The next logo I have chosen is the Okami logo. Okami is a 2006 game about a wolf with the power to bring nature to life with a technique called the Celestial Brush. I have chosen this logo because, I want my logo to show some of my Native American Heritage as one of the Cherokee's sacred animals was the wolf.
The final logo I have chosen is a company that I don't know much about, but the logo is a tribal art wolf and moon merged together. I have chosen this logo because I want the style of my logo to be tribal as to touch on my Native American Heritage once again.
PART 3
My concept map of well, me!

No comments:

Post a Comment