***COMPUTER ARTs FINAL***

1. Wipe keyboards and computer screens

2. Clean room - trash

3. Backup your work to Dropbox.com

4. Turn in final assignment




Goals and Reflections

Goals

Write a short statement that describes what you plan to accomplish by the end of the week on your project.

Reflections

What did you accomplish this week (post your work, inspiration or research)?

What did you learn?

What is your next objective to be completed?

Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Artist Discovery



Tony Elmore
- Grape Jelly Bear On Toast http://www.flickr.com/photos/jungleparadise/4329999525/#/photos/jungleparadise/4329999525/lightbox/
- The drawing in question is just delicious. I love jelly on toast, but this takes it to a whole new level with a cute bear roaring. The jelly looks like a typical cartoon, while the bear looks realistic. I also like the shading.
- I think Elmore was trying to make you think. It reminded me of the honey bottles that are bears. It is sweet but tough at the same time.
- I really like how Elmore can draw anything on the spur of the moment. He will just think of it and draw it so realistic, like the picture of the object is burned into his head. There is nothing to complain about in the piece. I like how realistic it is while staying kind of like a cartoon.



Phil Eliot Padwe
- Edgar Allan Poe Piece
http://www.conceptart.org/index.php?artist=PhilPadwe&cat=updated#
- This picture really captures Edgar Allan Poe’s melancholy mood. Though it is a common picture of him, the detail and the hues of the background seemed to take him to a whole new level like how his writing takes us to a whole new level. The mood in the piece is somber and reminds me of a night.
- I think the artist was trying to convey Edgar Allan Poe’s writing in art. The creepy feeling you get when you look into his eyes in the same as the pictures of him. The purple reminds me of his beautiful poems.
- I like how this piece is put with the purple. It seems like a strange color when you think about Poe by himself, but put it with him and it comes out awesome. I really have no complaints of the piece. I like it a lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment