***COMPUTER ARTs FINAL***

1. Wipe keyboards and computer screens

2. Clean room - trash

3. Backup your work to Dropbox.com

4. Turn in final assignment




Goals and Reflections

Goals

Write a short statement that describes what you plan to accomplish by the end of the week on your project.

Reflections

What did you accomplish this week (post your work, inspiration or research)?

What did you learn?

What is your next objective to be completed?

Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Alanna Crandall

Artist Critique #1

This piece of artwork almost looks like it is three-dimensional because of the lighting displayed, but in reality, this is only two-dimensional. This image has a cartoon style, if you were to ask me. The name of the piece is Playtime by Salvador Ramírez. He created this cute and cuddly picture in Photoshop. Given the quality and real-like effect of this picture, and that it was mastered in Photoshop, I would come to the conclusion that this man is very talented at what he does.

In this picture, there are three kids and a dog circled together. They are looking down at the ground, like there is a camera taking their picture from below. The sun is shining above them, through the middle of the jumbled circle they made. Each child has a different expression upon his or her face. In the background, you are able to see trees with greenish, yellowish hue leaves and possibly cotton (white splotches on the trees). In the left hand corner you can see some wooden object, which appears to be a tree house, and I’m pretty sure that’s what that is.

I believe that in this image, the artist was trying to portray the innocent fun that children have. Like how great childhood days could be because as a kid, you didn’t have a care in the world. Along with that, the goofiness of most kids is represented as well. Another concept the artist could be trying to depict in this case is the early stages of friendship.

I like this picture for the most part because the children shown are so gosh darn cute. I smile when I look at this picture. I like the children’s outfits, their faces, and the dog adds a good spunk to the picture’s ‘being.’ I like the style the artist has going on also. If I had this talent and creativity, then I would make something like this. I can’t seem to find anything I don’t like about this picture. I think since this photo is so gosh darn cute, no one can hate on it.


Here is the site where I found this picture: http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthread.php?t=937537

No comments:

Post a Comment